Your bedroom should feel like your havena relaxing reprieve from the world. So it’s important that you actually want to spend time there, too. We found 10 ultra-cool DIY hacks that will inspire you to make over your space and give it personality, organization, and all-around awesomeness. Who’s ready?
1. Amp Up Your Closet Lighting: If you find yourself struggling to see your wardrobe choices in the morning, try hanging white twinkle lights on the inside around the door frame. It’ll make it feel like a fancy dressing room and, bonus, you’ll actually be able to see your clothes.
2. Dress Up Your Walls: Tired of looking at the same boring beige walls? Use temporary wallpaper to spice things up. Swag Paper has some really rad designs, or you can make your own (!) with fabric.
3. Organize Your Pretty Jewelry: You know how your cool necklaces and earrings look like art? Why not actually use them as just that when you’re storing them? Instead of keeping them tucked away in boxes, display them with a DIY picture frame jewelry organizer.
4. Get Creative With Washi Tape: This magic stuff is so fun to decorate with. Channel your inner artist and come up with unique ways to use it around your room. Need some inspiration? Check out this awesome lamp shade idea or this skyline headboard.
5. Hide Your Chargers: It’s a given that your phone sleeps next to you, so why not give it a place to charge that’s both cute and convenient? We’re obsessed with this book charging station that you can make yourself (power tool required so be super careful or have someone help you).
6. Magnetize Your Makeup: Have trouble finding all your products in that mess of a cosmetics bag? Simply stick magnets on the back on each one, and store them on a magnetic board so that you never have to search for them again.
7. Give Your Room Pops of Color: Instead of going for a huge statement wall of a color you might get tired of quickly, opt to paint little bits of your room. For example, paint just that strip on the inside the door, or the sides of your dresser drawers. It’ll be subtle but still really fun.
8. Make Your Own Canopy: Make your bedroom feel super luxe by creating your own cozy canopy bed. It’s easier than it looks!
9. Create Your Own Movie Projector: This is a great DIY project for those nights where all you want to do is stay in and binge on Netflix. For this project, all you need is a shoebox, paperclip, cheap magnifying glass and duct tape and _voila_movie nights just got brought to a whole other level!
10. Make It An Active Space: If you have tall ceilings or access to attic space from your room (lucky!), consider this unexpected idea of making an indoor rock climbing wall with cork and climbing pulls from a sporting goods store. Who needs a gym?